Fields of expertise and achievements of department members are associated with the following directions of the modern physics:
- soliв state physics
- physical properties of nanosystems
- physics of liquid crystals
- nanomaterials, nanotechnologies, bio-nanomaterials
- theory of disordered mediums
- methods of teaching physics in higher school.
- ІІ.Department employees are the active participants of international symposiums and conferences (EU countries, USA). Number of papers in the national and foreign editions exceeds tenths of hundreds with multiple citations in Scopus and Web of Science bases.
High professionalism of the department teachers is confirmed by their work in specialized Academic Councils on theses defense, Expert Councils at State Committee of Science and Technplogies of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Department has the agreements on research cooperation with leading institutes of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and many educational institutions of Ukraine.
Main direction of Prof. V. Golub is the nuclear and ferromagnetic resonance in magnetics, magnetism of the low-dimensional and nano-dimensional systems. Fundamentally new systems of magnetic memory and the data processing systems shall unite the advantages of semiconductor electronics (processability, compactness and absence of mechanical parts) and the magnetic processing systems (high velocity of the data reading and writing and the parameters stability).
Prof. V. Golub has the high scientific international recognition that is confirmed with the high citation index: Science – 2388 citations, h = 25; Scopus – 2542 citations, h = 25.
While solving the problems of mechanical tribosystem wear resistance, Prof. V. Dvoruk has developed the new conception based on the rheology-kinetic approach to fundamental question of deformation and destruction processes correlation at abrasive wearing. Based on this conception there are created the new physical and mathematical models of abrasive wearing, wearing mechanism, solid body material selection criteria and the wearing minimization principles as well. .
Optical methods of the solid body investigation which Prof. P Kondratenko used in his research have allowed him to:
1) develop the generalized theory of the molecules diffusion in the non-homogeneous polymer layers;
2) develop the theory of the substance permittivity dependence upon distance;
3) develop the diffusion investigation method for singlet and triplet oxygen in homogenous, non-homogeneous and chaotically non-homogeneous solid bodies;
4) demonstrate experimentally the existence of dislocation excitons;
5) show the governing role of dislocations diffusion in the crystals sublimation processes at the temperatures below melting point;
6) develop the photochemical methods of diffusion processes (molecules, exitones) in the polycrystalline samples.
–Institute of Physics http://www.iop.kiev.ua/ua/
– Institute of Magnetism http://im.imag.kiev.ua/ua
– V.E. Lashkaryov Institute of Semiconductor Physics isp.kiev.ua/index.php/uk
– Institute of Biocolloid Chemistry ibcc.nas.gov.ua/
– Institute of Electric Welding http://www.nas.gov.ua/
– Institute of Physics of Metals https://www.imp.kiev.ua/
– Bogolyubov Institute for Theoretical Physics bitp.kiev.ua/